Thanks to sling00 and kal in the #PiMP support channel, we have added SpreadCoin support to pimpupdate.
Thanks to kal for donations and testing to make this happen.
1. Drop to terminal and run pimpupdate.
2. Update to v1.4.5 or newer.
3. Run it again. At main menu, Choose 5. Update miners using minermenu.
4. Choose 13. Sgminer-Spreadcoin for spreadcoin mining. It will compile and install the spreadcoin miner (into /opt/sgminer-spreadcoin) and a default conf (into /opt/ifmi/cgminer.spreadcoin.conf)
5. Open a browser and go to http://wiki.getpimp.org/wiki/PoolManager and scroll down to Profiles. This will tell you how to add a profile to Poolmanager for spreadcoin. Use the miner and conf paths above in step 4.
6. Set up your wallet on another machine. You do not put a wallet on a mining rig. The IP of that wallet will be put into your cgminer.spreadcoin.conf by using PoolManager to edit the conf.
7. Your wallet machine will need to have the file spreadcoin.conf. In linux it is placed in ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf – in Windows place it where it is supposed to go. Here is an example format:
8. Now you should be able to mine SPR to your wallet. Profit and enjoy!