ZiftrCOIN (ZRC) (ZR5 algorithm) support has been added to PiMP via a quick and easy pimpupdate!
Notice: Wolf miner requires 14.12 drivers for proper performance. ZR5 in general is optimized for 14.12 Catalyst drivers. The next PiMP release will be replacing 14.9 drivers with 14.12 drivers. In the meantime we will provide a walk-through for PiMPs that want to manually upgrade their drivers. We are seeing good hashrates with current PiMP 14.9 driver editions. If you choose to update your drivers, UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS BEFORE THE MINERS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE so the new drivers compile in 🙂
ALSO: Wolf branch has its OWN BINS- you cannot generate your own bins. pimpupdate automatically places these in /opt/ifmi where they belong. Main branch will generate fresh bins for you when you launch sgminer.
How to add Ziftr support to PiMP:
1. Drop to terminal and type
2. Say yes to pimpupdate your pimpupdate to 1.4.6 or higher!
3. Choose option # 8 from the main menu:
8. (NEW) Install ZR5 (Ziftrcoin) profile and miner.
4. Load up PoolManager and select the ZR5 profile. Start mining to test using our example config which uses safe/conservative settings for any cards. You can use this profile as a base to tune your cards.
You will also see the following options in (5) Miner Build Menu. We have included both releases of the ZR5 miners for compatibility and future needs.
14. Sgminer5-ZR5 (Ziftrcoin) (Works on all driver versions, but slower than wolf miner below)
15. Sgminer5-ZR5-Wolf (Ziftrcoin) Replaces sgminer-zr5, faster but needs 14.12 drivers for best performance.
Instructions How to Update your AMD Drivers manually to 14.12
sudo sh /usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh --force
(Do not reboot.)
wget --referer='http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux+x86' http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-linux-run-installers.zip
(Note: you need the referrer line and the filename in order for download to work!)
Choose option 1. Install driver
Choose option 1. Recommended
…. and profit!
Love, melt7777 and the PiMP team